A growing city and populace demands an increasing awareness towards how to operate vehicles safely in varied road conditions and in heavy traffic. DTC’s focus is to not just help our students pass a road test, but most importantly become safe drivers and expose the student to a variety of situations throughout their lessons.
We have found through past experience that while teaching additional hours and providing emergency manoeuvres in a special off road course may give students an idea of how to handle the car in certain situations, the best driving education is to consistently experience realistic situations on Calgary roads. This best prepares students and builds their confidence. Learning to react in real life situations is extremely important.
Full Government Approved Course
- 15 hours in class – 10 hours in-car
- Free pick up and drop off for in-car lessons
- Additional charge for in-class pickup and drop off [subject to availability]
- Course completion certificate for insurance reduction
- This course is also provided at some High Schools.
- The Government guidelines for 15 hours in-class and 10 hours in-car are sufficient to give students an overall training behind the wheel. We give an honest assessment of the student’s driving abilities without charging you more. If parents or students feel they would like additional hours we offer that option without pressure.
$775.00 GST INCLUDED ~> You’ll find our prices to be very competitive with other driving schools which offer the Government approved course.
Bring a buddy → Ask us how you can save $$ on a full driving course. Bring a buddy, friend, sibling, neighbour, cousin or someone else and you can save – if they enrol for classes at the same time.(This applies to our NW Calgary class location only.)
- Lessons are tailor made to help students improve on areas where they may feel they need more practice.
$70.00 per hour, GST INCLUDED
- Students who possess a class 5 Non GDL
- Requirements for Course Completion Certificate is 15 hours classroom and 6 hours driving.
$625.00 GST INCLUDED
Defensive Driving Course
- Three demerit reduction with course completion certificate
- Six hour in-class session
$85.00 GST INCLUDED
Fleet Safety Evaluations
- DTC has worked with oil companies, community groups and other businesses to provide assessments of their employees driving abilities for insurance purposes as well as demerit reduction. DTC can tailor make the fleet safety evaluations to your company’s expectations.